Byron Falls High School Class of 2015
Fey - Earth
- General Rules
– All Earth Fey use to be Glitter Fey. At the Fall of the World some of them decided to follower the Great Hunter into another realm, a realm that existed between the World of Fey and the World of Men. When the World Was Destroyed they left for many reasons. Some left out of principle of the Breaking of the Laws. Some left with the intent to protect Man. Some simple got stuck in between worlds and can’t go back. Whatever the reason is different for each Fey, and sometimes different for each member of each type of Fey. It is always a very personal story.
– Dwarves use to have more magic, but they lost a lot of it when they left to be Earth Fey. But they kept some. They kept their runic magic which is very special to them. They can use their magic to forge strong items. They are known for armor and weapons. Items they create are intended to defend, or attack. All Dwarven items in some way Defend, or Attack. No item is made to look bare, all are ornate with marks or different metals or gems. It is unknown if these decorations add to the magic but they are never without it.
Dwarves looks like how a lot of people expect. They are shorter then most humans and more broad in shape. Males still usually hold to tradition and grow long beards that are braided and groomed. Women tend to grow their hair long and keep it breaded. Just by looking at them it is hard to tell if someone is a Dwarf or not, as one can not go off of stature alone.
Dwarves do not like to move around. If they move to somewhere they tend to make strong roots and protect their home and loved one fiercely. The Dwarf decides what he considers family and the realm of his home. They will fight to the death for what they protect and do so with pride and honor.
– Elves lost almost all their magic at the Fall of the World. They don’t craft items, but they can enchant them. Elf magic turns the mundane into extraordinary. There magic adds to an item already. Most of their magic is effects more then anything: A cloak of invisibility, a necklace of healing, a ring of light, ect. Elves are not quick to use their magic and are even less quick to reveal themselves as Elves. Elves do not have glamour and there for have to find ways to hide their ears and features to The World. Most tend to be slightly shorter then most humans, but not as short as Dwarves. They tend to have more feminine features and slender faces but can still come in different shapes and sizes. There coloring tends to be one of two things: Either very striking with high contrasting skin and hair, or near monochromatic with their skin and hair being almost the same color. They blend in very easily with the human world but if one knows what to look for can spot an elf very easily.
Elves left the Glitter Realm out of Principal. When The Laws were Broken they declared their separation from the Rule of the Princes to follow their own King, but even he has to follow under the Huntsman in their world.
Elves tend to not get involved in mortal lives. They watch from afar the affairs of man. This is part of were the bitterness of Dwarves and Elves steams from. Elves do not see it as their role to protect man, but to survive with them, a victim just like Mortals in the Destruction of the Earth. They will fight with them when absolutely needed, but other wise they only protect their own.
– Goblins like to make things. Goblins like to craft things. The things they make and craft are not necessarily magical but they are always EXPERTLY made. Goblins work with favors. Money and gold are all well in good, but they would rather trade for a favor for later. But Goblins also craft curses. And for the right favor they can craft you the right curse. They are usually very business oriented and it is usually nothing personal….. unless you make it personal, and then it is PERSONAL!!!!!
– Half Earth Fey are not unheard of. They tend to keep the physical characteristics of their Supernatural Parents, but in more subtle ways, for example; Half Elf Ears are not quiet as pointed as their Elf Parents but still pointed. Half Earth Fey tend to be sturdier in their health then their Human counter parts. They are less likely too get sick and usually will heal faster. Due to this Half Earth Fey can not become Werewolves. They are immune to the virus that causes Lycanthrope. However, on rare occasions, they can become Vampires. A Half Fey Turned Vampire usually does not survive long or survive the transformation.
- Huldra are split with how they see man. Some see them as creatures that need protecting, some see them as things to be fought and used. It was not just a Fey that brought down the end of the world, but a human too. Both sides originally followed the Great Hunter when the World Was Ending because he was neither Human or Glitter Fey. They lost a lot of their powers, but some have learned how to get some of their magic back. They can talk to animals again and the forest. They can commune with nature on many levels and command them the more powerful they get. Powerful Huldra can guise, to hide the holes in their backs or their fox or cow tails. Out of the Earth Fey, they kept a lot of their Glitter Fey properties.
- Satyrs got stuck outside the Glitter World, plain and simple. They didn’t want to leave, they didn’t want to be separated from the Nymphs and Dryads they loved, but when the World Was Destroyed their leader, the Lord of Satyrs, was in the human world. The Glitter World got cut off, the Satyrs were kicked out by the King of the Fey who presumed like all the others that left that their Lord no longer wanted to follow them. So now they sit in their realm, waiting for a day that they can go back. Every now and then one can slip by Warren Foster’s gates, but if caught in the Fey World the King of the Fey is not forgiving…